Welcome to Culinary Technology
Feed your Appetite
Are you a creative, dynamic, and resourceful person who is tired of the daily grind of your job?
Food service careers are one of the fastest growing segments of our economy. Locally, the Triangle is experiencing an economic boom from several hospitality properties being developed. Food service companies are the largest private employers in the country. The restaurant industry is expected to add 1.9 million jobs by 2016.
If you think you have what it takes, please take some time to find out more about us and our program.
The Culinary Technology curriculum provides specific training required to prepare students to assume positions as culinary professionals in a variety of food service settings including full service restaurants, hotels, resorts, clubs, catering operations, contract food service, and health facilities.
A course offering emphasis on practical application, a strong theoretical knowledge base, and professionalism. The course also provides the critical competencies to successfully meet industry demands.
American Culinary Federation certification is available to graduates. With experience, graduates may advance to positions such as sous chef, executive chef, or foodservice manager.
Some major points of our curriculum:
- American Culinary Federation accredited program
- Low student/ teacher ratio at 12:1
- Entry level classes offered every semester. You can start at any time of the year.
- Day and Evening classes offered to fit your schedule
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accredited
- Instructors with wide ranging culinary experience and education